The inaugural First Friday of 2017 is Friday, January 6! Enjoy a bevy of First Friday’s featuring art shows, live music and a great time…all within walking distance of downtown’s core. Are you ready for First Friday? We hope so!
- Morris Thompson – First Friday featuring the art of Cantwell, AK artists Sonia Bitz and Leaca Young. Get to know the artists here. | RSVP
- Fairbanks Community & Dog Mushing Museum – Includes a new artist display by Tom and Nelda Nixon in the Mining Camp Exhibit, a silent auction and reception in the Main Museum Exhibit. | RSVP
- Woven Sylver – Will be “paying homage to the Slavic people” during the month of January. The shop will feature artist Amberlyn Swanson and her hair-braiding techniques. | RSVP
- 2 Street Gallery – This First Friday will honor and raise funds for Ice Alaska. 2 Street will donate a portion of their sales to help Ice Alaska recover from its recent fire. | RSVP
- Alaskana Raven – Ray Bonnell will be selling and signing books, as well as his 2017 Calendar. Both the books and calendar feature sketches of historical sites from Interior Alaska.
- If Only – Will continue their After Holiday Sale! Items on sale include holiday decor, wrap, cards, plus selected Vera Bradley, baggallini, personal care items, diffusers and candles. On First Friday (from 5pm-8pm) shoppers receive an additional 10% off items already discounted in the sale.
- Bad Mother – The “vintage clothing and counterculture goods” store features art by Nicole Dunham, $12 prints, travel wear and a “new aromatic release” called GOLD TEETH.
- Rings & Things – Will feature crocheted toys by Tabitha Hollaway and delicious Swedish meatballs.
- Co-Op Plaza – Van Levey will provide live cello music in the Co-Op Plaza during the First Friday evening.
- Bear Gallery – Fairbanks Arts Association is proud to present the opening reception of photographer John Hagen’s ‘Wild Things’, as well as ‘Northern Portraiture’, an Open Entry Exhibition. Reception will be in the Bear Gallery, 3rd floor of the Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts, in Pioneer Park from 5pm-7pm. | RSVP
- Keller Architecture+Allied Arts – Wild Life, a First Friday Adventure, will be on display. The show features original local art by Tammy Holland. | RSVP
- Well Street Art Company – Mary Matthews, a longtime Fairbanks sculptor and mixed media artist, will showcase new works. Matthew’s was recently a Rasmuson visiting artist at the McColl Center for the Arts in North Carolina. Ryan Matthews, her nephew, will show his Alaska landscape paintings. Fairbanks painter Paul Stark will show new “poem paintings.” | RSVP
- McCafferty’s – Hear Sand Castle, the house band at McCafferty’s, perform contemporary folk, rock and retro pop every Friday and Saturday night from 8:30pm-10:30pm.
If you’re planning to celebrate January’s First Friday in style, make sure to consult our Facebook calendar to see more of what downtown has to offer! All shows are from 5pm-8pm unless otherwise noted!