The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with HC Contractors, is working to enhance public safety and update utilities on Noble Street, between Gaffney Road and First Avenue. The purpose of this project is to enhance safety for the public and to update utilities. Upgrades include replacing the sidewalks, curbs, and gutters, and repaving the road. Additionally, installing a new storm drain system, upgrading signal systems, sewers, and water mains. This project is expected to be complete in October 2017.
- Construction began Monday, April 24th and Noble Street is CLOSED.
- This CLOSURE is expected to be in place through October.
- Expect intermittent intersection CLOSURES between 1st Avenue and 5th Avenue for approximately six weeks.
- Business access will remain open via cross streets. Please plan to follow construction signs for DETOUR routes.
- The Parking Garage will be accessible from Lacey Street and 3rd Avenue.
Anyone who would like to be added to the weekly updates just needs to email FairbanksConstruction@alaskanavigator.org and ask to be added.