These benefits strengthen downtown and are available to all.
- Advocacy, leadership, and partnerships to move downtown forward.
- Earned media—to amplify downtown’s news and happenings.
- Work with tour operators to enhance visitors’ experience of downtown.
- Market downtown by distributing 35,000 copies of the Downtown Guide.
- Host downtown events like the Midnight Sun Festival and Celebration of Lights fireworks display.
- Communicate downtown’s happenings via social media and monthly e-newsletters to 4,000 local email addresses.
- Help fund the Community Service Patrol program.
EXCLUSIVE MEMBER BENEFITS
These benefits are only available to members of the Downtown Association.
- The Insider e-mail featuring best practices, special opportunities and news.
- Invitation to the Annual Member Meeting, and the right to vote in board elections and corporate business.
- Invitation to an annual summer planning meeting to include tour operators, Explore Fairbannks and Department of Transportation.
- Featured in communications to hotel front desks and motor coach companies.
- 10% discount for a booth at summer events, including Midnight Sun Festival.
- Priority privileges for hosting “progressive” multi-venue events and parties.
Advertising & Promotions
- Priority consideration for feature articles published on website and in the monthly e-newsletter The Downtowner (4,000 subscribers).
- Priority for social media call-outs.
- Inclusion in summer destination marketing materials.
- Inclusion in First Friday publicity featuring downtown exhibits and live music.
- Complimentary link on list of members at downtownfairbanks.com.
- Window cling representing membership.
Updated: September 2, 2016