Be sure to visit this page again as businesses continue to post new event information in the run-up to First Friday. Last updated September 1.
- Forget-Me-Not Books hosts kids activities and crafts throughout the day. All children receive one children’s or youth book for free! This event runs from 10am-6pm.
From 5:00 – 8:00PM
- 2 Street Gallery is showcasing “Give Yourself to Love” a collection of new work based on love and it’s many meanings by artist Heidi Morel. [RSVP]
- Alaska House Art Gallery features Part II of the 16th Annual Claire Fejes Exhibit.
- The Co-Op Plaza hosts local jazz musician Clarence Pate. There will also be free face painting by Hailey Holland.
- The Fairbanks Arts Association will host a joint First Friday unveiling Wendy Ernst Croskrey’s “Shadows of Nature” and Yumi Kawaguchi’s “With Pierce.” [RSVP]
- The Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce hosts Artist of the Year Hannah Foss. Light appetizers and refreshments will be served. [RSVP]
- If Only…a fine store features handcrafted jewelry by Lori Lieske of Seattle. [RSVP]
- The Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center showcases handmade walrus ivory jewelry items by Carol Wilbur. [RSVP]
- Venue will feature Jamelle Duszynski, a local artist who specializes in oil painting and carved cardboard, from 5-8PM. [RSVP]
- Well Street Art Gallery will feature an event entitled “Well Street United” which will showcase multiple artist galleries and their open studios! [RSVP]
- Sand Castle, the house band at McCafferty’s, will play Friday and Saturday night starting at 8:30PM.
Check out our online calendar and be sure to subscribe to our Facebook calendar to see more of what downtown has to offer!